Send your thoughts to BostonRevue@gmail.com or leave a comment! Or friend us on Facebook!

Stay Tuned, Forks...

Hey Forks! Longtime, no eat! I've got a couple revues coming your way, so stay tuned!

March 10, 2011

Where's the beef? No, seriously. Where can a Bostonian get a good steak?


Friends, Bostonians, citymen...lend me your steak knives!  And a tip on where to get the best steak in town.

After the word got out that I'd eaten at Fleming's (see previous blog post) many of my friends and family were interested in discussing the merits of such a steakhouse.  And true, my general feeling of underwhelmed could not be masked, I found many of my peers agreed in the general "eh"-ness. 

Some were quick to say, "a steak is a steak", some were of the opinion that there is no difference between a Capital Grille and a Longhorn's.  But the general concensus I noticed was that steaks are highly overpriced and quality has certainly decreased.

What are your thoughts?  Do you love to get dressed up and eat a fillet at the Oak Room?  Do you drive over to the local strip mall and chow down on tips at the Texas Roadhouse?  Do you frequest Ruth's Chris, trying figure out who Ruth and Chris are while chomping on a NY strip?  Or do you prefer the nonassuming sort of places like Pigalle or an Italian spot in the North End? 

What's the best steak you've ever had in Boston?

3 comments:

  1. The Quarterdeck in Falmouth has great steaks cooked to perfection. I also have always enjoyed steaks at outback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time I had a steak in Boston the Capital Grille was delicious!!! Pricey & a bit stuffy...but the steak was melt in your mouth good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan said the NY sirloin he got at Solstice was "the best steak he has ever eaten" (I think you tried it and agreed it was outstanding)

    ReplyDelete