Send your thoughts to BostonRevue@gmail.com or leave a comment! Or friend us on Facebook!

Stay Tuned, Forks...

Hey Forks! Longtime, no eat! I've got a couple revues coming your way, so stay tuned!

March 22, 2011

The March Maddness continues with my revue of Cronin's Publick House in Quincy!

http://www.steaktips.com/

Cronin's Publick House
23 Desmoines Road
Quincy, MA


They have Keno at Cronin's...won $2.50.  No big deal.

What else do they have at Cronin's?  Windows?  No.  Nope.  That's not it.  Haddock?  Well, not sure because I ordered it and never got it.  They do have scallops, though.  And fries.  The steak fries are pretty good.  Ok, I'm delaying the inveitable.

Let's get this right out in the open.  Cronin's scored a 29 out of 48 possible points.  There.  Now you know. Cronin's did not succeed Cantina Italiana in the March Maddness competition.  I used the ranking system, which you all know about by now,  I am sure.  Here's the deal...

If I were going out for a night of sports, beers and Keno, Cronin's would be ideal.  But I have to say, I wouldn't seek this place out for my next date. 

The food we had was standard sports bar food: Turkey Tips and The Surf & Turf.  One of our pals had the Clam Chowder, which was simply described as, "ok".  The Turkey Tips were served with a side salad that was standard, no problem and mashed potatoes.  The entire dish was fine.  As for the Surf & Turf, the Steak Tips, served with corn and steak fries, were hard to cut, considering I was only given a butter knife.  Even with the steak knife I eventually got, I only had the patience to eat a couple.  The Surf portion of the meal was Haddock, broiled or fried.  You could also opt to subsitute Scallops.  I opted for the Haddock broiled, but was served Scallops.  They were very good, but not what I ordered.  Facts are facts.  We soon realized that the corn that arrived with the Turkey Tips was actually meant for the Surf & Turf dish.  Not the biggest deal, but again, just another fact.

My favorite part about the meal was the steak fries.  They were really good.  If I eat there in the future, I will be inclined to try their Signature Shepard's Pie.  That will be a true test.  And while I recognize that this isn't the most positive revue we've posted on Boston Revue, I have to say, I can't entirely rule out Cronin's.  It was picked at random for this contest against some really tough competition.  But that's the beauty of March Maddness.

Cronin's - add it to your next Quincy pub crawl list.

No comments:

Post a Comment