Send your thoughts to BostonRevue@gmail.com or leave a comment! Or friend us on Facebook!

Stay Tuned, Forks...

Hey Forks! Longtime, no eat! I've got a couple revues coming your way, so stay tuned!

March 7, 2011

The (South) Shore Part I

http://www.whatareyoucraving.com/



What a weekend on the Shore! Snooki was there eating fried pickles, The Situation was cooking up a storm and complaining that non of the girls ever did anything...man. Then it was T-shirt time and all hell broke loose...

...but in reality, I was on the South Shore in good old Massachusetts. Duxbury, to be precise. While there doing a little public service for the ScanClan (see my Solstice Revue) I figured this was the perfect opportunity to give my 'buds some Southern exposure.

The first thing I did when I arrived at the casa de ScanClan was find out where the take out menus were. I needed dinner, I knew I was in for the night and it had to be delivery. Not DiGiorno, delivery.

All the local chinese food places caught my attention immediately, but non delivered. NOT winning. But at the suggestion of young Ryan, I settled on Cravings for my dinner. The second I saw Pom Frites on the menu, I was hooked!!! And I found a wrap that stood out as my #1 choice among a long list of hard-to-choose-from items.
The Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad Wrap was so good and so filling. It was the perfect base chicken salad with lots of herbs. The cranberry and pecans added an awesome flavor and texture. I love cranberry anything. And these were no craisins (which I also love). These were real hunks of cranberry. They did not skimp. It was so good that I also had this for lunch on Sunday.
In addition to my wrap, I had the Pom Frites both Friday and Sunday. They offer a selection of dipping sauces, of which I opted for the Garlic Mayo. Shocker, right? Garlic anything wins. I may have gained 17 lbs this weekend.

Aside from the wraps and pom frites, they offer subs, paninis, pizzas and salads. The range is wide, offering basics to imaginative creations. I wish there was a Cravings in Boston!
On Sunday, I should mention that I got off my rump and picked up the food. I was glad I did because I got to see their dessert display case. Lots of cupcakes and brownies. Eclairs and lemon bars, too. They all looked like works of art, but I had to refrain from getting any. The pom frites were enough of an indulgance for one weekend.
Here's hoping for the day I wake up in my beloved DOT and see a Cravings in my backyard! Cravings gets a round of applause from me and my 'buds!

No comments:

Post a Comment