Send your thoughts to BostonRevue@gmail.com or leave a comment! Or friend us on Facebook!

Stay Tuned, Forks...

Hey Forks! Longtime, no eat! I've got a couple revues coming your way, so stay tuned!

June 28, 2011

Those Mystery Photos we posted on FB? Here's the reveal...


Russell House Tavern
14 JFK Street
Cambridge, MA
http://www.russellhousecambridge.com/


The adventure to Russell House Tavern, truth be told, did not originate as one based on revue potential.  But I can tell you, they have a lovely bathroom.

Once that business was taken care of, I decided we (we, being my Sister and I) needed to check stuff out and pull up a seat at the bar.  Immediately, I noticed that at the bar was a raw bar stations.  There were trophs of ice with greens and lemons acting as a bed for whole clams.  According to the menu they are priced at $2.50/per.  But we weren't in the market for clams then...or ever.

We orderd a Rapscallion and Longtrail Blackberry.  Both were pretty good and it was nice to have something with more flavor than our usual light beers

The bar is really nice.  There are long communal tables, but you must be seated by a hostess.  These are not seat-your-self. 
For a quick little bite from the appetizer menu, we opted for the Melted Cambozola Cheese, served with flatbread. 


The cheese is melted in a cast iron dish, over mushrooms and caramelized onions.  It is seasoned with Thyme and garlic, 2 of my favorite spices.  Served with flatbread on a wooden chopping board, it was different than any other appetizer I've ever had.  I really liked it.



Although we had a fun experience, popping in out of necessity and staying on for a snack, I am not too sure I'd pick the Russell House Tavern as a go-to spot.  Not my idea of a place to make the trek to on a Friday night for fun drinks and socializing.  I would, however, make the trek to have a planned dinner or event, as there is a huge dining room in the downstairs area.  I'd be really interested to try their dinner menu.



So! Now you know to where those Mystery FB photos belong.  Perhaps we'll try that again!

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment