Send your thoughts to BostonRevue@gmail.com or leave a comment! Or friend us on Facebook!

Stay Tuned, Forks...

Hey Forks! Longtime, no eat! I've got a couple revues coming your way, so stay tuned!

June 13, 2011

First Cone of the Season!

Bubbling Brook
1652 High Street

Westwood, MA 02090
www.bubblingbrook.net

 
Well, I had to it.  I had to escape the four walls of my 9-5 cage and treat myself to the first Bubbling Brook run of the year.  It was worth those extra scandalous minutes that exceeded my communistic lunch break.  Living on the edge, doing it all for ice cream.
 
As always, I get a small Chocolate/Vanilla twist.  (I have a favorite order at every ice cream shop.)  But you may be wilder, like my girl LMc, who loves Pistachio with a Cherry Dip.  Now, growing up, I was never allowed to have my cones dipped because they were messy.  Unless my great grandmother took me, then I could get whatever the hell I wanted.  And now as an adult, fully capable of handling the dip and it's fast melting mess, I pass.  Hey mom, I guess I did listen to you!
 
If I'd had my way, I would have eaten my ice cream old school style, sitting in my car in the parking lot until every last bite was gone.  But no, the rat race wouldn't allow it.  Instead I had to whiz (he he) back to work, driving with one hand and inhale my treat as soon as possible.  Hopefully no one missed me.
 
I'm sure lots of you will be heading to Bubbling Brook this summer.  And if it's not in your area, take the trip over and splurge.  You may even want to sit inside and get some dinner!
 
Get yourself a cone today, people!  Don't let the summer pass you by.

No comments:

Post a Comment