Send your thoughts to BostonRevue@gmail.com or leave a comment! Or friend us on Facebook!

Stay Tuned, Forks...

Hey Forks! Longtime, no eat! I've got a couple revues coming your way, so stay tuned!

June 13, 2011

A little LV, a little NKOTBSB, a lot of rain.

La Verdad (a Ken Oringer venue)
1 Lansdowne Street

Boston, MA
www.laverdadtaqueria.com


In between Jillian's & Bill's Bar
After stumbling around in the pouring rain, having just excited the NKOTBSB mayhem, I would have parked mi arse anywhere.  Even that insipid Tequila Rain.  Yes, I said it.  I-N-S-I-P-E-D.  The lines were out the door for every bar or club in the area, except for La Verdad.We were skeptical and relieved. 

I kid you not when I say that me and friends were soaked to the core, teeth chattering, sentences unforming, miserably drenched.  Somewhere between wanting it that way and hangin' tough, the skies had opened up, turning the concert at Fenway into a water park side show.  It did also force Donnie Wahlberg to rip off his shirt, so you know.  Not all bad.

Now, again, the exit.  It was miserable.  We almost had to fight some bitches, people were walking like dingleberrys on parade and the rain just would not stop.  When we stepped inside La Verdad, I had no idea what to expect.  I don't frequent Landsowne Street too much these days for Night Life, so I am not ashamed to say that this Boston Revuer had no clue that we had just stepped foot inside a Ken Oringer venue (think KO Prime, Toro, Clio, etc).

The second the waitress came over she said something about wanting our drink order and I sort of barked, "Chips, salsa....GUACAMOLE!".  (Sorry lady) There was a Bud Light order in there somewhere, but I never drank it.  (I'd had too many at the concert on account of the the fact that I invented a drinking game: When Backstreet Boys comes on, go get beer.)  And no one ordered the Margaritas, which LV is known for.  Next time.

The chips and such were delicious.  We had to get a second round before the other food even came out.  Our ordering was sort of all over the map.  Iesha got a salad, I got an appetizer and Kath got an Entree.  I don't think we were right in the head.  But no matter, because everything was good.

The hit of the drunken dinner was Kath's entree, the Carne Ascada.  The steak was perfectly cooked/spiced and delicious.  After stalking the Internet for other research on LV, I noticed that other sites raved about this same dish.  My girl knows how to pick 'em!

We sat in this little room, off the bar.
Iesha got the Ceaser Salad, no onions, which was very good.  Very large portion, too.  I think it was reproducing/multiplying as she was eating it. 

And in a most random order, I got the Grilled Corn.  Yup.  Just a plate of corn.  Pfft, just a plate of corn?  Are you joking?  This was one corn cob divided in two, covered in Chipotle Aioli and Cotija Cheese (which was in all our dishes I might add, and stellar.).  Oh man-alive.  Rain on me all day long, I don't care.  So long as I can have my Grilled Corn from LV. 

So if you go out for a night of pretentious clubbing in shoes that are too tall and need to take a break, hit up La Verdad and order the Grilled Corn and Guacamole to start.  Be sure to get the Carne Ascada, too.  Or tell your friends to, if you're not into steak.  Someone will be glad to have it!

And, you should probably try the margarita, since it's supposedly legendary.  Like Donnie....oh Donnie.

NKOTBSB & LV = AWESOME (That's not an acronym.  I just mean "awesome".)

No comments:

Post a Comment