Send your thoughts to BostonRevue@gmail.com or leave a comment! Or friend us on Facebook!

Stay Tuned, Forks...

Hey Forks! Longtime, no eat! I've got a couple revues coming your way, so stay tuned!

June 6, 2011

Bagpipers, Drunks and Thyme, oh my! A Revue of the Harp + Bard.

harpbard.com

1099 Dot Ave
 The Harp + Bard 
1099 Dorchester Ave
Dorchester, MA


 
A nice little Sunday @ the H+B is a good way to top off a weekend.  Walking in to a room full of Bagpipers is even better!
 
I'm sure these talented Bagpipers are not always hanging around the bar.  I'm fairly certain it had something to do with the fact that it was Dorchester Day and a parade had just ended.  Nonetheless, as we were seated, they exited at full volume.  It was beautiful.  Brought a tear to our eyes.  And then the beer and menus showed up and quickly moved on.
 
Before our waitress (the only waitstaff member on duty) could even say hello, I ordered Onion Strings.  They're a fav of mine & Roomie's.  Our play Sarah Tags really enjoys a good onion, so we knew she would enjoy them as well.  And although we felt a little full from our appetizer and some pre-gaming we did back at home, we all ordered entrees.
 
I had the baked Haddock which was not fun.  Too much Thyme. One of my all time favorite spices.  But it was overkill.  The mashies were great, though!  Roomie had a Queen size Prime Rib, which was so giant, I couldn't even imagine what the King Size would look like. 
 
Chris & Ally had the Steak Tips and the Fried Clam Bellies, respectively.  I feel like the steak tips are the real gem at H+B.  Roomie's had them before, I've had them before.  They're pretty consistent.  Our friend Chris cleared his little plate like a good doobie, so you know he liked them.
 
Moving on to the Veggie Pizza, it looked fantastic and the revue from Sarah confirmed.  Lots of bright spinach, olives, tomato, no mushrooms. 
 
For those of you readers who are familiar with the Norwood area, I would describe H+B as a cross between Conrad's and Lewis's.  There is something very familiar about it.  Maybe it was the drunk guy that tried to hug us and knocked the "Please Wait To Be Seated" sign onto our table...but I can't pinpoint it.
 
Every adventure over to the Harp + Bard has been a good one for me and anyone in my company.  I would definitely suggest it for dinner and/or just drinking at the bar.  In which case, you can play the juke box all night and watch TV.  There are many TVs.  And in the summer, there's always outdoor seating in the back!
 
H+B = Good stuff.  But they might want to bring on a staff of full-time Bagpipers and kick out the creeps who knock shit over.

No comments:

Post a Comment