Send your thoughts to BostonRevue@gmail.com or leave a comment! Or friend us on Facebook!

Stay Tuned, Forks...

Hey Forks! Longtime, no eat! I've got a couple revues coming your way, so stay tuned!

April 1, 2011

Flour - Ooo!

http://flourbakery.com/

Locations:
12 Farnsworth St., Boston
1595 Washington St., Boston
190 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge

'Buds, if you remember back a few weeks to my Cabby Shack post, you know I watch a lot of Food Network.  I watch a lot of TV in general, but specifically the Food Network.

One show that Roomie and I are big fans of is Throwdown with Bobby FlayFlour was featured in an episode undertaking the challenge of the Sticky Bun.  Their's were carmely and full of pecans...and the size of my head.  Ooo!

Some time later I found an article in the paper, probably the Herald, because I like their puzzles.  There inside was an interview with chef/owner Joanne Chang, including a recipe for Homemade Oreos...I cut it out and made sure to add to my collection of "To-make"s.  But I never did. 

Much to my surprise, Roomie was kind enough to surprise me with a Homemade Oreo this week.  These are nothing like your store bought name brand little dunkers.  These cookies are roughly the size of a hockey puck and much more rich and decadent.  It was...ooo!  So good.  I really enjoyed it.  But I could not eat the cookie in one sitting.  I had to save half for the next night's dessert. 


The cookie is so rich and full of nice cocoa flavor and the cream is dense and smooth.  These would be great to order for a celebration or if you're going to a dinner party.  The are impressive to lay eyes on and enjoyable to eat.  I actually think these would taste delish on the side of an adult beverage like a Mud Slide or a Sombrero.

Mmmm...definitely head to Flour for a cookie.  And so you don't feel too guilty, they make lunch too!  Check out the link above!

Later, 'buds!

No comments:

Post a Comment