Send your thoughts to BostonRevue@gmail.com or leave a comment! Or friend us on Facebook!

Stay Tuned, Forks...

Hey Forks! Longtime, no eat! I've got a couple revues coming your way, so stay tuned!

February 17, 2011

Boston Revue's mother revues Mother Anna's


Ba-da-bing! Eh!  It's Mother Anna's
Who: Mother & Steve-o
When: Valentine's Day xoxoxoxo
Why: Because I told them to
Where: 211 Hanover St, Boston MA

Thanks to Mother for being my first guest blogger!  Her revue is short, sweet and to the point.  No fuss, no muss.  Check it out:

I was pleasantly surprised. From the outside, it did not look like anything special. Inside not much better, dated and a bit tacky. But sitting there for a few minutes you could see people were regulars and it was full. We got a table right away. The menu looked good. I was trying to do a no carb dinner, which I thought would be tough, but I found something right away. 

I had an Eggplant dish that was basically Lasagna. But instead of noodles, they layered the ricotta and eggplant.  It was a huge portion and very good. The sauce was homemade.  I had the option of pasta or a salad with it.

(Steve-o) got the Veal Margarita, which was recommended by (Roomie). Basically a veal cutlet with prosciutto and cheese.  Sooo good!
 
Thanks Mother!  If I could impose a little, I'd like to add my 2 cents...(I'm just being polite.  It's my blog.  I can impose infinity.)
 
I've been to Mother Anna's during the summertime and got to sit outside on the Patio.  The patio is so nice, especially if you enjoy seeing the hustle and bustle of people walking by.  A great people watching site.  Roomie and I went there with our friends Bernie and N-G.  It was really nice to sit outside with friends and eat and have some drinks.  I can't remember what anyone else ordered, but I remember my dish perfectly. 
 
I ordered what may have been a special.  It was a linguine pasta dish that was covered in a garlicy wine sauce and covered in sauteed mushrooms, artichokes and sun dried tomatoes.  It was killer.  I've replicated it it a few times and been really happy.  I've actually substituted the linguine and mushrooms for ravioli stuffed with mushrooms. 
 
I believe it's safe to say that Mother Anna's gets the family seal of approval!  Check it out for yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment