Send your thoughts to BostonRevue@gmail.com or leave a comment! Or friend us on Facebook!

Stay Tuned, Forks...

Hey Forks! Longtime, no eat! I've got a couple revues coming your way, so stay tuned!

June 26, 2011

Food Coma, aka Hibernaceion, ala Salsa's Mexican Restaurant

Salsa's Mexican Restaurant
(Guess who the owner is?  Find out here.)
118 Dorchester St
Dorchester MA










http://www.salsasmexican.com/index.htm

Happy Sunday, 'buds.  What are the odds that you watched Phantom Gourmet this morning?  And then what are the odds you saw a dish that you had to run out have immediately?  Well, the odds for me were really good.

The entire thing was weird.  Yesterday I was at the PG BBQ Beach Party (revue to come) and happened to meet the host of the show, Dan Andleman.  While he was super nice, I was completely cheesy, telling him I love the show and get so many ideas of where to eat.  Well, Dan, I did it again.


Papa Taco
Today Roomie and I ran to Salsa's, in Southie (There's a location in Hingham, too.) to get the Papa Taco, almost immediately after seeing it on TV. 

As the first diners of the day, we got prime window seating and really great service, including an instant delivery of chips and salsa.  Really good and fresh.

You already know that Roomie got the Papa Taco, which is baked potato mashup with steak, sour cream and bacon.  (Very filling and really good.)  But to start, I ordered the Mahi Mahi Chowder which was super buttery, filled with scallions and generous hunks of really nice fish.  I was blown away. 

 



Ok, 'buds.  This is going to have to be a 2-parter.  Stay tuned tomorrow to find out about the rest of our outing at Salsa's.  You'll be happy you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment