Send your thoughts to BostonRevue@gmail.com or leave a comment! Or friend us on Facebook!

Stay Tuned, Forks...

Hey Forks! Longtime, no eat! I've got a couple revues coming your way, so stay tuned!

June 21, 2011

224 - Part 1

224
224 Boston Street
Dorchester, MA
Main entrance/Outdoor patio dining
www.224bostonstreet.com

The truth is, I've been to 224 a million times.  The fact that it's never made this blog baffles me.  Baffles my co-diners (Similar to co-pilot. Jesus, take the wheel?  Jesus, take my fork!), my friends and my family.  We're all a little 224-obsessed.

Last weekend was an impromptu visit, with the Sister, to have a little snack and little sip before heading to the bitchin' rock show at the Beachcomber.  Our little visit turned into a long adventure.  We made friends with the friendly bartender, ran into long lost acquaintances.  Not to mention, we ordered 2 appetizers at a snail's pace. 

Before I get to the food, let's talk cocktails.  One of their featured drinks is the Dark & Stormy which is visually stunning.  Dark on top, from the rum and lighter on the bottom, sort of cloudy, from the ginger beer.  I give it my typical rating of: Delicious and Dangerous.  I use that term a LOT.  And I like it.  Another featured drink is a Champagne cocktail with St. Germain Elderflower.  A fav combo always, in my book.


Like I said, we've had many a meal at 224, but for this night, we opted for appetizers only.  The Chive Hummus plate with Pita points is pretty self explanatory, as well as delicious.  In addition to this, we ordered the Boston Cod Cake.  Phenom.  If you like traditional crab cakes, you will love this twist.  What I love about it is that the filling tastes like there is lemon inside, so I never squeeze the lemon garnish on it.  If you decide you like this appetizer enough, you can also order it in the meal portion, which is accompanied by Zucchini Fries.  That sounds amazing.

Alright!  Fine!  We ordered more drinks.  Including a Pomegranate margarita with Patrol Silver that was only $8.50.  Are you kidding me?  Unheard of, right?  While I was busy picking my jaw up off the ground, our super friendly bartender made my sister a Mojito, using the fresh mint plant behind the bar.  She loved it.

Look, you don't have to take my word(s) for it.  Check out their segment on TV Diner here.  Enjoy that little snippet while you eagerly anticipate the posting of Part 2!!!  You know your 'buds can't hardly wait!

Part 2: Coming this Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment